Thursday, December 2, 2010

HOME.

This past week (over Thanksgiving) I went "home." Being there led me to many thoughts regarding what a home is. I know that my home in Las Vegas is home but I also have a home in Logan. I decided that home is where the heart is. My heart is in Logan, but those I love are in Las Vegas. Home in Vegas, to me means comfort. It means that there will always be a broken down bus on Charleston by Albertsons. It means my dogs will be there whenever I walk through the door. Home is the fact that I can always walk into In-N-Out and order my favorites and they will always taste amazing. That is a home that I know because my parents shared it with me and I enjoy every minute of being in that home. My current Home is Logan. This home to me means fun, excitement, adventure and growth. It means that there will be snow on the ground, it means that I can meet people I have never met before and instantly be friends. It means that no matter where the girls I live with come from we have a connection and a bond that is always there and will always be there. Sometimes our homes aren't what we expect them to be. Sometimes they are found in places we don't want to be, but come to love. We may only have a home for a semester, a week, a month, or we may have a home our whole lifetime but the fact is we can always have a home. Now, there is a distinct difference between a home and a house. You can have a house without having a home and you can have a home without having a house. Home is what we all strive to find. Home is what we want to have. Home is where we belong. So, as this wonderful season of giving begins, ask yourself do I have a home? Am I living where I am happy? Can I help someone else, whether it be a roommate, friend, mother, sister, brother, aunt, uncle or stranger find their home? Im grateful for the homes I have and have had and the people that have made them home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment