Tuesday, November 9, 2010

just me. :)

Tomboy.
Dresses, flowers, makeup, jewels, dancing, crushes, curling irons and hair,
girls love them all, they love them and care.
trucks, country music, mud, fourwheelers and football,
I never have been a girl who wanted it all.
I didnt grow up liking cute things like pearls,
instead i grew up liking things of my world.
A tomboy they called me, and I was ok with that,
the boys knew i could beat them when i stepped up to bat.
but girls call me strange they laugh and they tried to make me a girly girl,
Someone i most definitely am not!
I love being me, I enjoy it, I do,
Ill never be someone girly or "cute"
I dont want to be someone I am not,
I like being me, I like it alot.
Normal.
How do you define normal?
Is it something you can see?
How do you define normal?
Are you Normaler than me?
From different worlds we've come and we've gone.
From different places ideas grow and become strong.
So ill ask you again and ill let you know now.
How do you define normal?
This is my how.
A peculiar person does not care what others think.
What society says does not make them blink.
They learn and they grow they are brave on their own.
The do not listen when the world says conform.
I may not be normal but why would i want
to be someone else's creation someone society has taught?
To be a bully to laugh and to scorn
those people who are different, who dont fit the norm.
I am my own person, I listen to one.
I know that im different, but I know how to have fun!
I dont want to be you,
I dont need dresses or eye goop.
I can be weird and I can burp as loudly as I can.
I may not be considered normal but I am the person that I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment