Saturday, November 6, 2010

change is a good thing :)

As i look back at where i was a year ago in life i am so grateful for changes that have been made. last year at this time i was so content and thought that my life was so great. it wasnt. sure it was good but if i had only known how much better it would get. my life right now is amazing. it is amazing because i know how to be happy and i know how to be happy because of the gospel. the past year has been a hard one. i went from having the one best friend i had wanted all my life to feeling alone, rejected, and unwanted. I didnt feel accepted until i let myself be. I became very involved in theater, got a new job, and tried to be so busy that i wouldnt remember the fact that i didnt have someone there like i normally do. I was very upset with where my life was. I just wanted to move to college and forget my life and how it wasnt what i wanted it to be but i couldnt. Through all of this one thing kept me happy. that was reading the book of mormon. I have been raised mormon my whole life, but everyone needs to know that what they are being taught is really what they believe. That year in seminary we were learning about the book of mormon. I had been off and on reading it but then i started to read every night 2 chapters. what happened next was amazing. i literally felt my life begin to change. i felt the power of god grow in my life. i felt loved. i felt cared for. at the time i didnt realize what was happening or how i was truly changing i just knew i was feeling happier. I know now that the book of mormon changed my life. It still changes my life today. I am now 19 years old and have read the entire thing. I can sa y without a doubt that it is a truly divine and inspired book. i know that the lord jesus christ loves me. I know that he wants me to be happy. I know that no matter what happens in my life i will be able to grow from it to learn and move on. I have a testimony that jesus christ suffered for all mankind. I know that through him all mankind may be saved. I look around and i am so amazed by the beauty of this earth. God knew that i would need the leaves falling off the trees to remind me of his love. I felt inclined to share this by my own freewill just so that everyone may understand where i am coming from a little more. I hope that you do not feel that this is some random mormom ranting because my purpose is not to preach just to share my experiences, write my feelings down, and feel better aboout life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment